Have you ever found yourself thinking this same way?! It's easy to lose yourself in these thoughts and believe that you are "unlucky" or not worth it. Everything you do isn't working in your favor and life is oh-so horrible. Mind you - all of these thoughts are NOT true! Yet when you are in a slump, these feelings can be VERY hard to shake.
When I am ever feeling discouraged or depressed, I am reminded to go back to keeping a Gratitude Journal. You would think keeping a Gratitude Journal is something I should do all year long - but for some reason once I find myself back on track, it becomes less of a priority. Maybe now the slump is over, I am subconsciously grateful for all the things I have?! Yea maybe. But when I go back to writing things down, the act of taking my pen to paper creates and solidifies it in my world.
I think November is such a great month to be on Social Media. Why? Because it is awesome to see how many partake in the daily habit of stating/posting/shouting/tweeting what they are thankful for. It truly is amazing. In the past I haven't contributed to this daily ritual, but I absolutely love reading them!
I am so very thankful and grateful for:
1. My loving family *my mom, dad, brother and sister - words do not justify my gratitude for these four (4) people in my life*
2. My strong extended family *my aunts, uncles, godparents and.....cousins!! What would I do without my cousins?!?!*
3. My supportive and caring friends
4. My opportunistic and flexible jobs
5. My clients *most likely, they have no idea how much they inspire and motivate ME - I am grateful for them in so many ways*
7. Chocolate. Enough said.
8. My super cute studio apartment :-)
9. My warm bed
10. Coffee. And peppermint/mocha creamer.
11. My endless and fashionable wardrobe
12. My reliable car *during the winter months of Chicago, you may get a better idea of why I am thankful for this one*
13. My incredible wealth and abundance
14. My healthy body and heart *two (2) years ago, I found out I had a heart murmur. After the ultrasound, the doc told me I had two leaking valves in my heart. Whoa! I am thankful for this strong heart. Every. Single. Day.*
15. My beauty, both inside and out
16. My strong self discipline
17. My positive attitude
18. My positive energy
19. My infinite and unique creativity
20. My positive self image
21. My loving and loyal relationships *both past and present have helped me understand who I am*
22. My dedication to my passion
23. My ability and desire to motivate others
24. The opportunity to travel the country and teach fitness
25. My patience *with others, with myself, and with life*
26. Another fabulous day, FULL of opportunities for something AMAZING to happen to me!!
27. My beautiful life
28. The eyes, hands and remarkable brain that allows me to be able to write this blog
Take some time today and write down some of the things you are thankful for that you already have, and the things you WANT to have. Make a habit of checking this list often - add to it, change it, read over it. Maybe it's not daily, but refer to it more often than just the month of November. It may help battle through the roller-coaster of life a little easier throughout the year, dodging some of those times of doubt. Forget about looking for things outside yourself - look towards the inside! Because you are, in fact, lucky - you are worth it - and there is so much to be grateful for!
Have a healthy and fabulous Thanksgiving everyone!!
Until next time. . . . . see you at the gym! :-)